This article covers the workflow for Cropster's Gas control/replay feature.
If Gas control is currently in beta for your specific roast machine, and you haven't been invited to participate in the beta program for this integration, but you are interested in participating and testing the feature, please sign up here.
Beta means that the features are being tested with a select group of users to help us identify minor flaws under everyday conditions that we cannot reproduce internally. Therefore, it will be necessary that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behavior.
- Setting up the Gas control measurement
- The gas control bar
Setting up the Gas control measurement
If the Gas control measurement is not shown from the RI's Machine preferences, the control measurement must be added before it can be set up.
Note: The following applies, if the roaster has already been successfully connected to the computer you have set up. If not, find more information about your machine's respective setup manual from our Connect your roast machine page, or our Helpdesk.
Cropster's Gas control allows you to regulate the gas directly within the RI. To learn more about how to set up Gas control for your roast machine, please see below:
- Open the Roasting Intelligence (RI).
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Scroll down to the Gas control measurement and select the option representing your machine. Examples are included below for your reference:
- Probat series 2 machines - Probat PLC
- Probat PIII machines - Probat Web Socket
- Giesen machines manufactured from June 2014 onwards - Giesen PLC
- Save your changes and restart the RI.
The Gas control bar
The Gas control bar is in the bottom-right corner next to the machine's measurements, and can be hidden by clicking the Hide () button, and shown by clicking the Gas (). Alternatively, click the All button to display all activated control bars (e.g. Gas control, etc.).
Giesen only: The Auto toggle button at the bottom needs to be switched off in order to control the gas via the RI. When switched on, it goes into the Giesen Auto mode. Please refer to Giesen's documentation for more information.
Roasting with gas control
Start your roast as you usually would in the RI. Now, instead of manually adjusting the gas supply at the roast control board, use the Gas control bar at the right-hand side of the RI.
- For small gas adjustments, use the + and - buttons.
- For big adjustments, use the Control bar by dragging and dropping the slider.
- For instant adjustments, click the percentage values shown on the Gas control bar to instantly adjust the gas value accordingly.
Replaying a roast
As soon as you have recorded one roast with the Gas control bar, set this roast as the reference to enable Replay assist. Learn about roasting with Cropster's Control & Replay assist features.
Never leave the roast machine unattended while replaying a roast. Cropster replays the roast and captures the details, but you are always responsible for monitoring the roast machine to ensure it is operating safely.
Learn more about revising the Replay assist preferences.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use the Gas control assistant!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!