This manual explains how to add, evaluate and manage your Samples.
Managing Samples is only available for Professional or higher tiers.
Managing Samples is available for the following products:
- Evaluate samples
- Manage samples
Why use Samples?
Fortunately, the demand for quality and transparency is growing. Sampling will help you monitor the changes in the coffee beans and provide a detailed and more accurate impression of the different offers. With Cropster you can add, evaluate, and manage your samples.
Samples in C-sar
You can check your Samples overview page by logging into the online platform C-sar and navigating to Samples on the main menu bar.
If you wish to add a new sample, click on Add sample and you can choose between two options:
- Click Many, if you would like to bulk import your samples.
- Click One, if you would like to add one sample at a time.
Adding samples in bulk
You can add your samples in bulk by following the steps below:
- After you clicked on Many a table appears where you can enter your data.
- To customize the information you would like to capture, click on Columns and the respective checkboxes with the information you would like to add. Click on Confirm to finalize.
Note: By adding Varieties you are also able to add custom varieties to your samples.
- Add the Sample name* and State* and all additional information to the samples.
* is indicating mandatory fields.
- Click on Import samples to submit.
Adding samples one by one
You can add your samples one by one by following the steps below:
- If you would like to enter a single sample at a time, click One.
- The input fields can be customized via the Customize fields button.
💡 As long as no weight adjustments are made to the sample, registration dates can be edited later on.
- Enter Sample type* and all the information you'd like to add.
- Click on Create sample to add it to your Samples.
Add green grading
- Navigate to the Samples overview page.
- Click on the checkbox next to the sample(s) you would like to add green grading to.
- By clicking on the drop-down next to Quality you are able to add your physical analysis.
📚 Learn how to enter and review green grading information.
Add a cupping session
- Navigate to the Sample overview page.
- Click on the checkbox next to the sample(s) you would like to add cupping session to.
- By clicking on the drop-down next to Quality you are able to add your sensorial analysis.
📚 Learn how to use Sensorial Sessions (Cupping sessions) .
To add simple grade classifications follow the steps below:
- If the Grade column is not available, enable the view via the Customize button in the upper right corner of your window.
- Add a Grade by clicking on the + sign and enter the grading.
- Finalize it by clicking on Save.
There are two ways of accepting/declining Samples:
- Enable the Rating column via the Customize button on the Sample overview page.
- Rate you samples via the Sample detail page by clicking on the respective SG number.
If you would like to update sample information for more than one sample at a time, you can use the bulk editing feature.
- Check the boxes next to the samples you would like to edit and click on the pencil symbol in the menu on the top of the page.
- A table with the selected samples appears.
- Customize your columns by clicking on Columns button.
- Once you are done with editing, click Save samples to submit.
Track samples by type
Cropster has the ability to track the progression of purchasing a coffee lot. You can currently tag a lot with the following sample types:
- Type sample
- Spot offer
💡 You can track the samples by their type. Instead of entering a new sample, you can duplicate samples and tag with a new sample type.
- To add a new sample to an existing lot, you need to click on the correspondent SG number on the Sample overview page.
- You need to scroll down on the detail page until the Quality information section and +Add sample.
- Enter the Sample type* , Sample weight and Location then click on the Create button to submit.
📝 The newly added sample will automatically be grouped with the existing lot.
Group existing samples manually
Samples that are created from the same lot are grouped together. To group together samples that are not already linked you can do so by following these steps:
- Select samples you want to group by checking the box next to the samples.
- Go to Manage > Group Samples.
- If you have mistakenly grouped wrong samples, enter the sample you would like to ungroup by clicking on the SG-tag of the sample and click Manage > Remove from group.
Transferring samples to the Inventory
If you have decided to order certain samples for your production, you can easily transfer the Samples to the Inventory to ensure full traceability of your lots.
- Go to the Sample's overview page.
- Select the Samples you would like to transfer to your Green Inventory.
- Click Manage > Add to inventory.
- All Samples of a sample group show up in a list.
- Enter an Inventory Name.
- Select the Location you want to register your Green inventory for.
- Enter the Weight you want to register.
- Check Mark as consumed if you want to mark the transferred samples as consumed.
- Click the Add to green inventory button to confirm.
📚 For more detailed information, navigate through the steps of transferring samples to the Inventory.
What if the variety I'd like to add to my sample is not on the list of varieties?
You can simply add a new variety to your Samples.
Congratulations! You are now ready to manage your Samples!
Your opinion matters. If you have further questions, feedback or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.