In this manual you will learn how to do the following:
- Add new samples
- Evaluate samples
- Manage samples
Add New Samples
- Navigate to the Samples section in the menu bar.
- Click on + Add Sample to add your samples.
- Click Many, if you want to bulk import your samples.
- Click One, if you want to add one sample at a time.
- After you clicked Many a table appears where you can enter your data.
- To customize the information you want to capture, click on Columns and check the box next to the fields you want to add.
- Enter at least Sample name, Sample Weight and Sample Type.
- To save time entering samples, copy and paste data from an Excel sheet directly to the import table.
- To copy data within one column hover with the mouse pointer over the bottom right corner of the cell until a + sign appears and drag it down.
- Click Import samples to submit.
- After clicking One an input form appears.
- To customize the input form, click on Customize fields and check the box next to the fields you want to add.
- Enter at least Sample Name, Sample Weight and Sample Type.
- Click Add sample to submit.
Add a Physical analysis (Green grading)
- Select samples you want to add a physical analysis by checking the box next to the samples. A menu bar will appear at the top of the table.
- Click Quality > Green Grading.
Click here for further information on green grading.
Add a Sensorial analysis
- Select samples you want to cup by checking the box next to the samples. A menu bar will appear at the top of the table.
- Click Quality > Add cupping session.
Click here for further information on sensorial sessions.
To add simple grade classifications follow the steps below:
- If the Grade column is not available, enable the view via the Customize button in the upper right corner of your window.
- Add a Grade by clicking on the + sign and enter the grading.
- Rate the sample in the table view by enabling the Rating column via the Customize button.
- Click Accept or Decline.
- You can also rate your samples, within the Sample detail page.
If you want to update sample information for more than one sample at a time, you can use the bulk editing feature.
- Check the boxes next to the samples you would like to edit and click on the pencil symbol in the menu at the top.
- A table with the selected samples appears.
- Customize your columns by the help of the Columns button.
- Once done editing, click Save samples to submit.
Track samples by sample type
Cropster has the ability to track the progression of purchasing a coffee lot. You can currently tag a lot with the following sample types:
- Spot Offer
Hint: Samples can be tracked by type. Instead of entering in a whole new sample, you can duplicate a sample and tag it with a new sample type.
- To add a new sample type to an existing lot, open the lot you would like to duplicate.
- Scroll down to the Quality Information section and click + Add sample.
- Enter the new Sample Type and Sample Weight and click the Create button to submit.
Note: The newly added sample will automatically be grouped with the existing lot.
Group existing samples manually
Samples that are created from the same lot are grouped together. To group together samples that are not already linked you can do so by following these steps:
- Select samples you want to group by checking the box next to the samples.
- Go to Manage > Group Samples.
If you have mistakenly grouped wrong samples, enter the sample you would like to ungroup by clicking on the SG-tag of the sample and click Manage > Remove from group.
Transferring samples to green inventory
If you have decided to order certain samples for your production, you can easily transfer the Samples into Green Inventory to ensure full traceability of your lots.
- Go to the Sample's overview page.
- Click Manage > Add to Green Inventory.
- Enter a Lot name, assign a Location and enter the Weight.
- Click the Add to green inventory button to confirm.
Click here for more information on how to transfer samples to the green inventory.
Congratulations, you are now ready to start sampling!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to email@example.com
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what the Quality section will do for you!