This article explains how to create a Pre-roast blend and roast it with Cropster.
Creating a Pre-roast blend is available for the following products:
- Roast (all tiers)
The following article and screenshots refer to the Roasting Intelligence (RI5).
In case you previously used the Roasting Intelligence (RI4) we kindly invite you to check the newly improved features of RI5.
To upgrade to RI5, please download the Roasting Intelligence (RI5).
- What is a Pre-roast blend?
- The main steps of creating a Pre-roast blend with Cropster
- Roasting a Pre-roast blend with the Roasting Intelligence (RI)
What is a Pre-roast blend?
Pre-roast blend means that the different green beans were mixed before the roasting and they were roasted together.
The main steps of creating a Pre-roast blend with Cropster
By following the steps below you can create a Pre-roast blend within the online platform C-sar :
- Log into the online platform C-sar.
- Navigate to Roasts on the main menu bar.
- Select Profiles.
- You will be directed to the Profile overview page.
- Click on +Add profile on the right corner of the page.
- Select Pre-roast blend.
- Enter the following information:
* is indicating mandatory fields
- Profile name*
- Profile group
- Name roasted batch using
- Reference roast
- Express green lots as:
- Associated green lots
💡 You can add more than two components.
- Ideal batch size
- Expected weight loss
💡 If you leave this field empty, Cropster will take the average weight loss after 10 roasts.
- Restrict profile to these machines
- Add to a project
- Exclude this profile from the global roasting goals by clicking on the respective checkbox
- Save the Pre-roast blend by clicking on Create profile.
📚 Learn more about managing Profiles.
Roasting a Pre-roast blend with the Roasting Intelligence (RI)
By following the steps below you can roast a Pre-roast blend with the Roasting Intelligence (RI):
- Open the Roasting Intelligence (RI).
- Click on the Synchronize button on the bottom left side of the screen. This step will update the RI regarding the latest changes you made within the online platform C-sar.
- Review the components of your blend via the Next roast screen.
- Review the components of your blend.
💡 If needed, you can change the components directly with the RI before roasting. If the required weight is greater than the available weight a warning message will pop up with the same text. It's a reminder for you that while you are still able to roast, you might need to make adjustments via the online platform C-sar.
- If adjust the Total start weight, the start weight of each component will be adjusted according to the blend ratio.
- Click on Start.
📚 Learn about the newly improved features of the Roasting Intelligence (RI5).
- Managing Profiles
- Managing Profile groups
- Using Projects
- Setting up a Roast schedule
- Roasting Intelligence (RI5) - Getting Started
- What's new with RI5?
Congratulations! You are now ready to roast a Pre-roast blend and roast it with Cropster.
Your opinion matters. If you have further questions, feedback or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.