This manual shows you how to schedule single origin lots and pre-roast blends.
This article includes the following:
- Why use Roast schedules?
- The Schedule overview page
- Adding a schedule
- Roast schedule video
Why use Roast schedules?
Roast Schedules helps you answer the following questions:
- How many roast batches are needed and what is the optimal batch size?
- How much green coffee is needed?
- How much excess coffee will be roasted if the same batch size is used for every profile?
- How much green coffee is needed for blend profiles?
The Schedule overview page
- Log in to C-sar.
- Go to Roasts > Schedule.
Choose the date you want to add a roast schedule to. Use the arrows to change the date or jump to a specific day by clicking on the calendar and choosing the desired date.
Toggle between your locations by choosing the location from the drop-down menu.
Click on the + button underneath to the machine you want to add a schedule for.
The status bar on the left side of the Schedule page helps you to keep track of your daily production.
- Unpublished: This is a draft of your scheduled batches. They will be saved when the schedule gets published. These batches are not yet available within the Roasting Intelligence (RI).
- Published: The batches are now available to the RI, but the RI has not been synced yet.
- Synced: The RI has been synced and the batches will appear within the RI. The RI syncs automatically after starting.
- Roasted: The batches have been roasted.
- Inconsistent: The batches have been roasted, but with a different green lot than scheduled.
- Change the order of the batches by clicking on the drag-and-drop symbol and moving them.
- Edit or delete a not yet synced batch by clicking on the batch. A window pops open where you can edit or delete the information.
Adding a schedule
- Enter the date you want to enter the schedule for.
- Select the location you want to add the schedule to.
- Click on + Add schedule in the upper-left corner of the schedule page or click on the "+"-button underneath the machine name.
Entering the details
- You can change the start date for your schedule at the top.
- Select the Single Origin / Pre-roast blend.
Note: Click here for more information on how to schedule a post-roast blend.
- Choose a Profile .
All profile related information (green lot, machine, etc.) will get pre-filled according to the profile.
- Select the Team member who will be responsible for the roast. (optional)
- Add additional notes (these will be visible in the RI). (optional)
- If you know already the number of batches you would like to add, enter the number of batches (# Batches) and click + Add # batches to create the schedule.
- If you want to calculate the roasted end weight based on the weight loss first, click Calculate batches.
- You can calculate batches based on how much roasted coffee you need, how much green coffee you have, or how many batches you want to roast. Simply enter the number into the field of your choice and the other fields will update automatically.
- If the number of batches is an uneven number, click Round up to full batch.
- If you want to save this as a repeating schedule, click Repeat schedule and enter an interval and end date.
Note: The maximum time span for a repeating schedule is three months.
- Check the box next to Create another schedule, if you want to enter more batches.
- Click Add # batches to add the batches to your schedule. Note:
Note: Reocurring schedules will synchronize/display the day they are scheduled to reoccur.
Reviewing and publishing the schedule
- The submitted batches appear now on the Schedule page to be reviewed.
- You can edit a single batch by clicking on the scheduled batch underneath the machine name.
- To edit the schedule for a single-origin profile, scroll down to the Scheduled coffees section and click Edit.
Warning: By editing the batches for a scheduled profile prior to roasting, you are overwriting the amount (# batches) with a new amount for the profile in question.If you have already started roasting the batches for a profile, when this profile is adjusted then published, RI will publish a new schedule for the new batches.
- Click Publish to make your schedule available to the Roasting Intelligence (RI). Once published, the batches turn blue. They will turn green once they are synced with the RI.
Within the Roasting Intelligence (RI)
- Start the Roasting Intelligence (RI) or synchronize the RI with the server by clicking on the Synchronize-button in the the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- The schedule appears in the production overview on the left-hand side.
- If you now refresh your schedule online in C-sar, the batches will have turned green.
Warning: Unfinished scheduled roasts will only carry over into next day.
Roast schedule video
For more information on Roast scheduling check out the following video.
Congratulations! You are ready to use Cropster schedules!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your account manager or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!