This manual covers the connection of a Trinitas T2 and T7 roast machine with an USB port to Cropster's Roasting Intelligence.
If you are not yet a beta tester for this integration but you are interested in testing it, please sign up here.
Beta means that you may come across some minor flaws under everyday conditions that we could not identify with our internal product tests conducted. Therefore it will be necessary, that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behaviour.
- Setting up a connection
- Network settings
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
- USB cable
- Driver for the USB serial converter: please use the driver according to the used USB serial converter
- Bean temperature
- Exhaust temperature
- Airflow (%)*
* T7 only
Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
Installing the Roasting Intelligence (RI) software
- Download the Roasting Intelligence from https://download-beta.cropster.com/
- The Cropster installer leads you through all the installation steps.
- Open the RI by double-clicking the Cropster icon on the desktop
- Enter your username and password.
They are the email address and password you were given to access your Cropster account on c-sar.cropster.com
- Check the Remember credentials box if you want to be able to run the RI offline.
- Click the Login button.
Establishing a connection to the machine
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Select the Roasting machine you would like to connect from the drop down menu (e.g. Trinitas T2)
- Select Trinitas PIDs/PLC from the drop-down for all measurements.
- Click the the gear () icon to open the PLC settings.
- Select the Version: T2 or T7.
- Select the serial port referring to your roast machine:
- Windows: choose the COMx option.
- Mac: choose the usb.serialx option.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The RI requires a restart to apply the settings.
If the setup was successful you will be able to see temperature values on the right-hand side of the RI screen after the restart.
Customize your RI user preferences.
If the RI indicates No source connected and/or you cannot see any measurements, please check the following:
- Is the roast machine connected to the computer?
- Have you downloaded the driver for the USB serial converter?
- Is the correct serial port within the RI selected?
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the Cropster Roasting Intelligence!
Check out our Getting started video and enjoy tracking your first roasts!
More manuals and videos can be found on help.cropster.com