This manual describes how to connect your Shopify account to your Cropster account.
You can now integrate your Shopify account with Cropster to organize and run your production more easily. Once you’ve connected the two systems, Cropster automatically calculates how much you need to roast to fulfill all your orders and creates the most effective roast schedule for you.
- Creating the API credentials (within Shopify)
- Connecting Shopify with Cropster (within Cropster)
- Mapping the products
Creating the API credentials (within Shopify)
Before you can create your API credentials, the store owner needs to enable custom app development first.
Enabling custom app development
Only the store owner can enable custom app development.
- Login to your Shopify account.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
- Click Develop apps.
- Click Allow custom app development.
- A warning pops up, click Allow custom app development to apply.
Setting up a custom app
The store owner, and collaborators and staff members with the relevant permissions, can create and install custom apps.
After you've enabled custom app development, you can create and install a custom app and define your API permissions. After the app is installed, you'll receive API credentials - API key and Admin API access token (=password) - that Cropster uses to access information from your store using Shopify's APIs.
From your Shopify admin, go to Apps via the sidebar on the left hand side.
- Click Develop apps.
- Click Create a custom app top right.
Enter the App name (e.g. Cropster integration) and select an App developer.
The app developer can be the store owner, or any staff or collaborator account with the Develop apps permission.
Click Create app.
- To assign the permission, click Configure Admin API scopes.
- Scroll down to Orders and check the box next to read_orders.
- Scroll down to Products and check the box next to read_products.
- Scroll back up and click Save to apply your changes.
- Switch to the Overview tab and click Install app.
- A warning pops up, confirm by clicking Install app.
- You have now created your API credentials (API key and Admin API access token).
Note: You can see the Admin API access token on this page only one time.
Connecting your accounts (within Cropster)
Now it is time to switch to Cropster and connect your accounts.
- Log in to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Orders in the menu. If you are using the Orders module for the first time, you will be asked if you want to connect your Shopify or WooCommerce account account.
- Click Connect account under the Shopify logo.
- Alternatively, go to Orders > Order settings > Connect with Shopify tab.
- Enter your Shopify API credentials:
- Shop URL: Enter without https://
Note: For the Shop URL, use "myshopify" URL for your webstore (i.e. awesome-coffee-store.myshopify.com) please refrain from inputting a custom domain.
- API Key
- Password: Reveal the Admin API access and token and copy the token in the password field.
- Shop URL: Enter without https://
- Select the date from which to synchronize open orders from, this date cannot go beyond 30 days.
- (optional) Check the box next to Activate auto-archive to enable our system to auto-archive orders from the external system (WooCommerce / Shopify) with a Cancelled or Closed status.
- Click on Done, next.
Mapping the products
After you have successfully connected your Shopify account with Cropster, all your Shopify products will be synced with Cropster.
- Select all products you would like to import to Cropster. If you are offering products other than roasted coffee, uncheck the box next to the products you don't want to import.
- (Optional) Select if any of the products are to be a Product bundle. You can select the components of the product bundle in a later step (a).
- Link your products to a specific Profile group / Blend profile and click Done, next.
Note: If you want to set up a product bundle at a later time, please skip the following step (a) to continue with the setup process.
To learn more about setting up Product Bundles after the initial setup, visit the following article: How to use product bundles
- From this page, you can select the components of the product bundle(s). When finished, click on Done, next.
- Now your product variants will be imported from Shopify (i.e. packaging size and grind style). Please map them again with the options available in Cropster.
- Enter your default package unit and grind style. The default will apply when there is a product without variants.
- Click Finish & Sync.
- Your products will now be added to Cropster and open Shopify orders will be synced with Cropster.
- Click the Take me to the Orders button to get to the Orders overview page.
Cropster can only fetch changes of active products (in Cropster) that were made since the last sync. Changes on deactivated products are not synced to Cropster. Therefore, do not create new products in your shop by renaming an old, existing product, instead create a new product or use the duplicate functionality in Shopify.
Note: For more information on how to convert your orders into a roasting schedule, visit the following article: Setting up the Orders module
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your Shopify account with Cropster!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!