In this article you will learn how to manage locations.
- Adding a location
- Assigning a roast machine to a location (recommended)
- Assigning green lots to a location
Locations allow you to manage your green lots and roasts throughout different warehouses and roasteries.
Cropster helps you split and track your lots amongst your locations (roasting facilities and warehouses). Assign your lots and roast machines to a certain location and track all actions.
Hint: You can also create a virtual location to also keep track of your contracted lots.
Adding a location
Add a location for your roastery and each warehouse. You can also create virtual warehouses, e.g. for contracted coffees.
The following steps can only be conducted by an account administrator
- Log in to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to More > Locations in the upper right corner.
- Click + Add Location.
- Enter your new location's details - at least name and country.
- Click Create location.
Assigning a roast machine to a location (recommended)
The next step is to assign your roast machine(s) to a location.
Once a roast machine is assigned to a certain location, you cannot roast lots that are assigned to a different location.
- Go to Gear > Machines in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Pen icon corresponding to the roast machine you'd like to edit.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Location
- Click Update Machine at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Assigning green lots to a location
You can add the location directly when importing the lots to Cropster.
When (re)assigning already added lots, use the Warehouse distribution function.
- Go to the Green Inventory overview page.
- Mark the lot(s) you want to move to a different warehouse by checking the box(es) at the left.
- A menu at the top appears. Click Manage > Warehouse distribution.
- A table appears where you can see the current location of your lots.
- Assign your lots to a location by:
- Entering the weight you want to move to a certain location in the weights-field under the respective location. (1)
- Using the All to <location> button at the bottom of the page, if you want to move your whole inventory to a specific location. (2)
- Selecting an initial location for yet unassigned lots. (3)
- Click Update to confirm for changes.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use locations.
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to email@example.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!