This manual covers the connection of Diedrich roast machines with pre-installed sensor package to Cropster's Roasting Intelligence.
- Preinstalled Phidget
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
- Sensor package (or Phidget 1048) pre-installed
- USB cable
There are 4 different setups:
- 3-sensor-setup: Bean, Inlet, and Drum
- 4-sensor-setup: Bean, Inlet, Drum, and Exhaust
- 5-sensor-setup: Bean, Inlet, Drum, Gas, and Airflow
- 6-sensor-setup: Bean, Inlet, Drum, Exhaust, Gas, and Airflow
Locating the Phidget 1048
To accurately configure your Diedrich's connection in the Roasting Intelligence (RI), we recommend that the preinstalled Phidget must be found inside the machine.
The location of the Phidget may vary from machine to machine.
For reference, please refer to pictures of the Phidget, taken from inside of Diedrich roast machines.
Identifying the temperature measurements
Next, we recommend that you identify, and label the probes by measurement (e.g. Bean temp, Inlet temp, etc.). Simply, follow the cables for each probe; from the tip of the probe to its end, where the probe connects to the Phidget.
Once the Phidget has been located, and labeled, we recommend to take pictures of the Phidget, for later reference when establishing a connection to the machine.
Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
Installing the Roasting Intelligence (RI) software
- Download the Roasting Intelligence from https://download.cropster.com/
- The Cropster installer leads you through all the installation steps.
- Download the Phidget driver.
- Open the RI by double-clicking the Cropster icon on the desktop.
- Enter your username and password.
The username is the email address your Cropster invitation has been sent to, and use the password you've generated when accepting the invitation.
- Check the Remember credentials box if you want to be able to run the RI offline.
- Click the Login button.
Establishing a connection to the machine
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Select the Roast machine you would like to connect from the drop-down menu.
- Select Temperature sensor (Ungrounded K/J/E/T-type thermocouples) from the drop-down for all temperature measurements connected to the Phidget 1048.
- Assign the Channel. Refer to the probes' connection into the Phidget's channels.
The channel refers to the ports on the Phidget 1048. If the probe wires are connected to port 1/G, select 1 under channel.
- Select K from the Type drop-down menu.
Diedrich roast machines are installed with K-type thermocouples by default.
The settings above may not represent your Diedrich's connection to the Phidget.
- If you have the 5- or 6-sensor-setup, choose Diedrich Gas and Airflow (Phidgets) from the drop-down menu for Gas and Airflow.
- Click the Gear () icon to open the Gas pressure settings and select the preferences for your roaster.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The RI requires a restart to apply the settings.
If the setup was successful, you will be able to see temperature values on the right-hand side of the RI screen, after the restart.
Learn how to customize your RI user preferences.
If the RI indicates No source connected and/or you cannot see any measurements, please check the following:
- Is the Phidget 1048 connected to the computer?
- Is the Phidgets driver installed?
- Mac only: has the Phidgets driver been enabled in the Mac's Security & Privacy settings?
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the Cropster Roasting Intelligence!
Check out our Getting started video and enjoy tracking your first roasts!
More manuals and videos can be found on help.cropster.com