This manual covers the connection of Diedrich roast machines with pre-installed sensor package to Cropster's Roasting Intelligence.
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
RequirementsSome Diedrich roast machines come with Phidgets pre-installed.
There are two different setups:
- 4-sensor-setup: Bean, Inlet, Drum, Exhaust
- 6-sensor-setup: all of the above + Gas and Airflow
Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
Installing the Roasting Intelligence (RI) software
- Download the Roasting Intelligence from https://download.cropster.com/
- The Cropster installer leads you through all the installation steps.
- Open the RI by double-clicking the Cropster icon on the desktop.
- Enter your username and password.
The user name is the email address your Cropster invitation has been sent to and use the password you've generated when accepting the invitation.
- Check the Remember credentials box if you want to be able to run the RI offline.
- Click the Login button.
Establishing a connection to the machine
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Select the Roasting machine you would like to connect from the drop down menu.
- Select Temperature sensor (Ungrounded K/J/E/T-type thermocouples) from the drop-down for all temperature measurements connected to the Cropster Connector.
- Assign the Channel.
- Bean Temp: Channel 0
- Inlet Temp: Channel 1
- Drum: Channel 2
- Exhaust: Channel 3
- Select K from the dropdown Type of thermocouple.
- If you have the 6-sensor-setup, choose Diedrich Gas and Airflow (Phidgets) from the drop-down menu for Gas and Airflow.
- Click the Gear () icon to open the Gas pressure settings and select the preferences for your roaster.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The RI requires a restart to apply the settings.
If the setup was successful you will be able to see temperature values on the right-hand side of the RI screen, after the restart.
Customize your RI user preferences.
If the RI indicates No source connected and/or you cannot see any measurements, please check the following:
- Is the Cropster Connector connected to the computer?
- Is the Phidgets driver installed?
- Mac only: has the Phidgets driver been enabled in the Mac's Security & Privacy settings?
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the Cropster Roasting Intelligence!
Check out our Getting started video and enjoy tracking your first roasts!
More manuals and videos can be found on help.cropster.com