This manual shows you how to set up a sensorial session within Cropster.
- Creating a Sensorial session
- Setting up a sensorial session
- Session status
Creating a Sensorial session
There are four ways to create a session:
- via the Cupping sessions overview page
- via the Roasts overview page
- via the Dashboard
- Within Cropster Cup
Sensorial Session - Via the Cupping sessions overview page
- Click on Quality > Cupping sessions.
- To create a new quality session, click on the +Add cupping session-button on the right upper corner of your window
Sensorial Session - Via the Roasts overview page
Note: For Roast customers only.
- Go to the Roasts-section
- Check the boxes next to the coffees you want to cup.
- Click to Quality > Add cupping session.
Sensorial Session - Via the dashboard
- Click on the + Add-button at the right upper corner of your dashboard.
- Go to + Cupping session to get to create a new quality session.
Setting up a sensorial session
There are two types of sessions. There are standard non-blind sessions and advanced sessions which offer better tracking and blind cupping sessions.
Note: Advanced Sessions are reserved for Lab and Roast Professional accounts. Advanced session features are indicated with a * below.
If you would like to try advanced session features, we offer 14-day trials of higher packages to current Cropster users. Please contact your sales representative or simply email email@example.com.
When creating a session you have the following customization options:
- Session type*: Choose between Non-blind, Blind and Double-blind cupping.
- Schedule for*: Schedule a session for a specific date and time.
- Name: Give your session a unique name so it's easier to find
- Sheet*: Select a cupping sheet you want to use.
- Lab: Track samples across multiple labs
- Category*: Set a category to better capture your cupping sessions
- Label*: For Blind and Double-blind cuppings, you have three label options:Alphabetical (A, B, C)
- Numerical (1, 2, 3)
- 3 Letters (ABC, DEF, GHI)
- Samples: Search and add samples, inventory or production lots
- If you know the ID tag, you can quickly enter it in the search field. Results are limited to the past 6 months.
- For a broader search (e.g. using the name of a lot) you can use the + Advanced sample search button.
- You can also change the order of the samples on the table by dragging-and-dropping them into the right order.
- Click Save as draft if you want to alter the session at a later point or click Save & Next to submit your session and start cupping.
Hint: Once the session is open you can start entering results within the browser directly or using our cupping app Cropster Cup!
A Session has three stages:
- Draft: In the draft stage, the session can be edited. You can add/remove samples, change the cupping sheet, etc.
- Open: When a session is opened, it's time to evaluate and submit results via Cropster Cup or directly within the online platform. Open sessions can not be altered.
- Closed: Indicates that a session is done and all results have been submitted. However, your results can be edited. If necessary, it is possible to reopen a session.
You are now ready to create sessions!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from cropster.support.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what the Quality section will do for you!