This manual shows you how to set up a sensorial session within Cropster.
- Creating a Sensorial session
- Setting up a sensorial session
- Session status
Creating a Sensorial session
There are four ways to create a session:
- Via the Dashboard
- Via the Cupping sessions overview page
- Via the Roasts overview page
- Within Cropster Cup
Via the dashboard
- Log in to the Cropster online platform to get to your dashboard.
- Click on the + Add-button at the right upper corner of your dashboard.
- Go to + Cupping session to get to create a new quality session.
Via the Cupping sessions overview page
- Click on Quality > Cupping sessions.
- To create a new quality session, click on the +Add cupping session-button on the right upper corner of your window
Via the Roasts overview page
You need Roast viewing & editing permissions to perform the following actions.
- Go to the Roasts-section.
- Check the boxes next to the coffees you want to cup.
- Click to Quality > Add cupping session.
Setting up a sensorial session
There are two types of sessions. There are standard non-blind sessions and advanced sessions which offer better tracking and blind cupping sessions.
Note: Advanced Sessions are reserved for Lab and Roast Professional accounts. Advanced session features are indicated with a * below.
If you would like to try advanced session features, we offer 14-day trials of higher packages to current Cropster users. Please contact your sales representative or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When creating a session you have the following customization options:
- Session type*: Choose between Non-blind, Blind and Double-blind cupping.
- Schedule for*: Schedule a session for a specific date and time.
- Name: Give your session a unique name so it's easier to find.
- Sheet*: Select a cupping sheet you want to use.
- Lab: Track samples across multiple labs.
- Category*: Set a category to better capture your cupping sessions
- Label*: For Blind and Double-blind cuppings, you have three label options:
- Alphabetical (A, B, C)
- Numerical (1, 2, 3)
- 3 Letters (ABC, DEF, GHI)
- Samples: Select the lots and samples you would like to include in this session from the table.
Note: If you have created the session via the Roast overview page, the Samples section will already be pre-filled with your selection.
- To speed up things, the table is limited to only show lots and samples registered within the last month. Simply adjust the registration date filter if you cannot find your desired lot. (1)
- You can also change the order of the samples/lots on the table by dragging-and-dropping the selected lots into the right order. (2)
- Click Save as draft if you want to alter the session at a later point or click Save & Next to submit your session and start cupping.
Hint: Once the session is open you can start entering results within the browser directly or using our cupping app Cropster Cup!
A session can come in three stages:
A session in Draft state can be edited any time. To edit drafted session, click Edit session at the top right to add/remove samples or change the cupping sheet.
Click Schedule & open session to open the session for evaluation or to enter results.
Once a session is Open, the session is available in Cropster Cup and ready for evaluation.
You can not edit an Open session anymore.
If any alteration is needed, click Clone session to open another session with the same specifications in Draft state.
A Closed session can not be evaluated anymore. If needed the session can be reopened by clicking Open session.
For more information on sensorial sessions and its features, check out Using Sensorial sessions.
You are now ready to create sessions!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from cropster.support.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what the Quality section will do for you!