In this manual, you will learn how to set up a double-blind cupping session.
The setup of a double-blind cupping session consists of two phases and requires two people - further referred to as Person A and Person B.
Phase 1: Outside of Cropster (Person A)
Before setting up the actual session within Cropster, Person A has to conduct the following steps:
- Select the samples to be cupped and put the samples on the cupping table.
- Label each sample with the related ID-tag (e.g. PR-XXXX, PB-XXXX, SG-XXXX...) only. The label must show the ID-tag only.
- Then Person A must leave the room and Person B takes over.
What is an ID-Tag?
Cropster automatically assigns ID-tags for every green lot, roast lot, sample and blend. ID-Tags are required to provide internal traceability across the processes within our system and for this reason, cannot be changed.
Where do I get the lot ID-Tag from?
- Ask your roaster for the ID-Tag.
- Look it up within the Roasts- or Samples-overview section.
Phase 2: Setting up the session in Cropster (Person B)
Now that Person B has taken over, follow the steps below:
- Login to https://c-sar.cropster.com
- Navigate to Quality > Sessions and click Create Cupping Session.
- Select Double-Blind Cupping.
- Enter a name for your session, schedule a time, choose a cupping sheet and the type of the labels.
- Add the samples, by searching for the ID-tag. In the double-blind cupping mode, Cropster shows only the ID-tag without a lot-name.
- When done, click Save & Next.
- Cropster now shows you which ID-tag is attached to which sample code. Replace the ID-tag labels accordingly with the sample code labels.
- Now, the samples on the cupping table must only be marked with the sample code, e.g. A, B, C,...
You are now ready to start a double-blind cupping session!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send them to your representative, or directly to email@example.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what the Quality section will do for you!