This manual explains how to connect a Carmomaq Stratto 1.2 & 1.5 roast machine via Wi-Fi, to Cropster's Roasting Intelligence.
Carmomaq Stratto 1.5 roast machines, are capable of connecting via Wi-Fi, or USB. This article discusses a Stratto's connection via Wi-Fi, and the following article will assist you in connecting the roast machine via USB: Carmomaq Stratto 1.5 (via USB) - Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup (beta)
If you haven't been invited to participate in the beta program for this integration, but you are interested in participating and testing the feature, please sign up here.
Beta means that the features are being tested with a select group of users to help us identify minor flaws under everyday conditions that we cannot reproduce internally. Therefore, it will be necessary that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behavior.
- Setting up a connection
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
- Stratto 1.2 – Tablet
- Stratto 1.5 – Touchscreen
- Bean temperature
- Exhaust temperature
- Gas (%)
- Gas control (%)
- Airflow (%)
- Airflow control (%)
- Drum speed (%)
Setting up a connection
- Find the available network provided by the Carmomaq Stratto roast machine.
- Connect to the Carmomaq's wireless network.
Continue with Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup.
- (Recommended) Connect your computer to the internet via Ethernet cable.
- Run RI in offline mode by clicking "Continue offline" in the RI's login window. Roasts can be synchronized at a later time by connecting to the internet again, then clicking the Synchronize button from RI.
- Stratto 1.5 only: Connect the roast machine via USB.
Roasting Intelligence (RI) Setup
Installing the Roasting Intelligence (RI) software
- Download the Roasting Intelligence from https://download-beta.cropster.com/
- The Cropster installer leads you through all the installation steps.
- Open the RI by double-clicking the Cropster icon on the desktop.
- Enter your username and password.
The username is the email address your Cropster invitation has been sent to, and use the password you've generated when accepting the invitation.
- Check the Remember credentials box if you want to be able to run the RI offline.
- Click the Login button.
Establishing a connection to the machine
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Select the Roast machine you would like to connect from the drop-down menu.
- Select Carmomaq PLC (over Network) from the drop-down for all measurements.
- Click on the gear () icon to open up more settings.
- Enter the IP address for the Stratto roast machine. The default IP address for Stratto 1.2 & 1.5 roast machines, is 192.168.4.1.
- Hostname/IP address: 192.168.4.1
- Click Save to confirm the changes. However, the RI requires a restart to apply the settings.
If the setup was successful, you will be able to see temperature values on the right-hand side of the RI screen, after the restart.
Learn how to:
- Customize your RI user preferences.
- Use Gas control and Replay assist.
- Use Airflow control and Replay assist.
When using Replay assist, do not use any other temperature controlling software in parallel. Any gas/airflow changes from a concurrent client disables Replay assist for the remainder of the roast.
If the RI indicates No source connected and/or you cannot see any measurements, please check the following:
- Is the roast machine connected to the computer?
Have you downloaded the driver for the USB serial converter?
Is the correct serial port within the RI selected?
Driver for the USB serial converter
If you cannot select the correct serial port within the RI's Serial port field, your computer may not have the appropriate driver needed to recognize the serial converter's physical connection.
Please reach out to support.cropster.com, and attach the following information in relevance to the USB serial converter used:
Brand, and model
Picture of the serial converter
A Cropster representative will assess the information, and assist in providing the required driver for the USB serial converter used.
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the Cropster Roasting Intelligence!
Check out our Getting started video and enjoy tracking your first roasts!
More manuals and videos can be found on help.cropster.com.