This manual covers the Phidget installation and settings of Cropster’s Roasting Intelligence for connection of a Phidget 1136/1138 via InterfaceKit or VINT Hub.
If you are not yet a beta tester for this integration but you are interested in testing it, please sign up here.
Beta means that you may come across some minor flaws under everyday conditions that we could not identify with our internal product tests conducted. Therefore it will be necessary, that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behaviour.
- VINT Hub or PhidgetInterfaceKit 8/8/8
- Phidget cables (i.e. 3002_0 comes with Phidget 1136/1138)
Adding the measurement to the RI
The Differential air pressure sensor setup can be used for the following measurements:
- Drum pressure (Pa)
- Gas pressure (Pa)
- Gas (%)
- Airflow (%)
First, you need to add the measurement to your machine online.
- Login to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Gear () > Machines.
- Click the pen icon (Edit) next to the roaster you would like to add the measurement for.
- Scroll down to the Measurement section and select the new measurement from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update machine.
- Restart the RI to make the new measurement visible in the RI preferences.
Phidget 1136/1138 installation
Via VINT Hub (HUB0000)
- Connect the Phidget 1136/1138 to any port of the VINT Hub with the Phidget cable.
- Connect the VINT Hub to your computer with the USB cable.
Via Phidget InterfaceKit 8/8/8 (Phidget 1018)
- Connect the Phidget 1136/1138 into the InterfaceKit's "Analog Inputs" port (0 thru 7) with the Phidget cable.
- Connect the InterfaceKit to your computer with the USB cable.
Establishing a connection to the device
Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
Select the Roasting machine you would like to connect from the drop down menu.
- From the Drum pressure measurement, select Differential Air Pressure Sensor Phidget.
- Select the Type of your Differential Air Pressure Sensor:
- Phidget 1136
- Phidget 1138
Under Channel, select the port your Phidget 1136/1138 is connected to the hub.
VINT Hub: The channel refers to the port on the VINT Hub. If the Phidget 1136 is connected to hub port 1, select 1 under channel.
InterfaceKit: The channel refers to the InterfaceKit's Analog Inputs. If the Phidget 1136 is connected to Analog Input 7, select 7 under channel.
- Click on the gear () icon to open the Parameters settings.
- From the Phidget hub drop-down menu, select whether you use a VINT Hub, or an InterfaceKit.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The RI requires a restart to apply the settings.
If the setup was successful you will be able to see sensor's values on the right-hand side of the RI screen, after the restart.
If you cannot see the measurement, please check the following:
- Is the Phidget 1136/1138 connected to the VINT Hub/InterfaceKit?
- Is the VINT Hub/InterfaceKit connected to the computer?
- Have you selected the correct port from channel?
- Is the Phidgets22 driver installed?
- Mac only: has the Phidgets driver been enabled in the Mac's Security & Privacy settings?
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up your Phidget 1136!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!