This guide shows how to download and install the WCH serial converter drivers for Windows and Mac.
Some roast machines come with a pre-installed USB to serial converter chip that communicates between the roast machine and your computer. These chips require drivers to be installed on your computer's operating system.
Windows installation guide
- Click here to go to the WCH download page for Windows.
Click on the Download icon to start downloading.
Locate the downloaded file.
Run the installation by double-clicking on the downloaded driver.
Allow the installation by clicking Yes.
Click Install to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, a pop-up window will appear. Click OK to close the window.
- Click here to go to the WCH driver download page for Mac.
- Click on the Download icon to start downloading.
- Locate the downloaded file.
- Double click on the CH34xVCPDriver.pkg file to open the installation dialog.
Select Install to begin the installation.
A Password may be required to install software on a Mac. Use Touch ID or enter your password to allow the installation to continue.
Once you see the successful installation message installation is complete. Click Close to finish the installation.