Setup and Installation
Online Platform (C-sar)
Roasting Intelligence (RI)
Shipsbeans.com & GetCoffee
How to identify the type of thermocouple
The following article shows you how to identify the type of thermocouple that is installed.
- Locate your temperature probe(s).
- Follow the probe cable from the tip of the probe to where it ends - most likely the backside of the roaster's temperature display or inside of the control tower.
- The color-coded ends of the thermocouple wires refer to the thermocouple type, as shown in the graph below.
In the following section you will find a few examples of different thermocouples. Depending on your roast machine, this might differ from your machine.
- EURO standard K-type thermocouples (green/white wires), leading into the Beckoff PLC of a Probat roaster:
- EURO standard K-type thermocouples (green/white wires), leading into the WAGO PLC of a Probat roaster:
- Japanese standard K-type thermocouples (white/red wires):
- EURO standard dual J-type thermocouples (black/white wires):
If you are not sure what thermocouple type is installed in your roaster, please send pictures of the backside of the roaster's temperature display or of the inside of the roaster's control tower to firstname.lastname@example.org.