This manual will walk you through:
Creating a post-roast blend recipe
When producing Post-roast blends, we recommend you to create Post-roast blend recipes, so you can easily plan your need and blend your batches.
- Go to the profiles overview page by clicking on Roasts > Post-roasts blend profiles
- Click on the Post-Roast Blend tab, to get to the post-roast profiles overview.
- Click on + Add blend profile in the upper right corner to create a new post-roast blend recipe.
- Give your blend a name.
- Select how you would like to express the blend ratio
- Percentage (%).
Note: The sum of the percentages must total 100%.
- Weight (kg/lbs)
- Percentage (%).
- Add your components (at least two) and enter their weight/ratio share.
Note: Post-roast blend profiles require Profile groups. Learn how to add Profile groups.
- Add as many components as you want by clicking on + Add component
- Once you are done, click Create blend profile.
- Your Post-roast blend recipe is now ready to be used.
Creating a Post-roast blend
To optimally track your production, you can manage your Post-roast blends online within c-sar.cropster.com.
For Professional and higher tiers: If you use the roast scheduler to plan ahead your production, your individual roasts will be automatically combined into a Post-roast blend. Learn how to schedule your Post-roast blend recipes.
To manually create a Post-roast blend:
- Go to the Roasts overview page by clicking on Roasts in the main menu bar.
- Choose the roasts you want to blend by checking the box next to them.
- A menu bar appears at the top. Click on the Blend-button to create a post-roast blend.
- Create a manual blend or use a Post-roast blend profile to blend your roasts.
You can blend the roasts by the help of a Post-roast blend profile or simply blend them on the fly.
Hint: We recommend creating a Post-roast blend profile for your coffees. This will allow you to repeat common blends more efficiently.
- When using a Post-roast blend profile, all fields will be prefilled according to the profile selected. If you blend manually, fill in all required fields like Blend name and weights.
- If you want to add more or switch components, click on + Add roast.
- Once you are finished, click on Blend roasts.
- You will find your newly created blend in the Post-Roast Blends tab within the Roasts overview page.
Note: Post-roast blends will be saved under their own PB-Numbers (Production Blend) to make searching/sorting simpler and easier to integrate across roastery processes.
Congratulations! You are now ready to create post-roasts blends!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!