Using supply network
Contacts are the organizations or individuals that produce, process and handle coffee. Each contact has a type, such as Farm, Dry Mill, Exporter, Importer and Roaster.
- Go to More > Supply network.
- Click on + Add member.
- Enter at least the Member name and select a Member type.
- Click on Create member to submit.
When using Origin Permissions you must first create at least one member with the type Wet Mill or Dry Mill.
When using Coffee registration you must first create at least one contact with the type Community, Farm, Field or Picker.
These settings apply to the Origin application.
- Enter the year(s) for the current harvest season.
- This information will be attached to each batch of coffee when it is registered.
Make sure you update this value every year!
Yield factors expression
- Select how the relationship between coffee states should be displayed.
- You may display as either a Ratio or a Percentage.
- Define the tolerance between actual amounts and estimates.
- Highlight actual amounts if the deviation from the estimate is bigger or smaller than this value.
- The highlights are visible on the Batch list and Batch details pages.
Permissions link users to the places where coffee is processed, either Wet mills or Dry mills.
- The user responsible for entering the information about coffee at a particular mill is called the Mill manager. This role should be assigned when creating the user.
- The user responsible for entering the information about coffee at all mills is called the General manager, and does not need any special permissions.
At least one permission is needed before coffee can be registered.
- Go to Gear > Origin settings > Permissions.
- Click on + Add permission.
- Select a Mill (= Supply network member with the type: Wet mill or Dry mill).
- Enter a Prefix (must be 2-3 characters, Uppercase Characters only).
- The prefix will uniquely identify coffee registered by this Mill manager
- Prefixes cannot be reused in order to prevent confusion with other user’s records
- Select a Manager from the Users list.
- Click on Save to submit.
- Go to Gear () > Origin settings > Permissions.
- Click the Trash () icon.
- Click on Delete if you are sure you want to delete the permission.
Permissions are not recoverable and the prefix used with a deleted permission cannot be reused!