This manual covers the manual setup for the Orders module, and how you can manually create orders and convert them into a roast schedule to better plan your production.
Note: If you have a shop integration with Cropster (Roast eCommerce only) and have incoming orders from your shop integration needing to be scheduled, go to the Converting orders into a schedule section.
To learn about the Orders module's advanced features, visit the following article: Managing orders (advanced order management)
To learn how to manage Product bundles, visit the following manual: How to use product bundles
- Managing orders
- Scheduling preferences
When starting with using the Orders module, please follow the setup below:
Setting the units
The first step when setting up the Orders module is to enter the packaging units available in your shop.
- Go to Orders > Order settings.
- Check the box next to the packaging units available in your shop.
If you cannot find a unit you use in your shop, please get in touch with us via support.cropster.com. We will be happy to add the unit for you.
Adding coffee products
Now, add all your coffee products to Cropster and enter the current inventory. If there is a coffee you don't currently have in stock, add it with 0 kg/ 0 lb. You don't need to add a product per packaging unit.
- Go to Orders > Products.
- Click the + Create product button.
- Enter the following information:
- Name: Name your product, preferably the same name as used in your online shop.
- Profile: Enter the Profile you use for this coffee.
- On-hand inventory: Enter the total amount of roasted coffee you have currently in stock. Click the arrow icon (*) next to the weight unit (lb/kg), and select the weight unit for your On hand inventory.
Note: To learn about the On hand inventory and how it is used from the Orders overview page, visit the following manual: Managing orders (advanced order management)
Click the Add button.
A product can also be added via the Orders overview page directly by clicking Add > Product.
Within the Orders overview page you can issue your orders and transfer them to your roast schedule.
- Go to Orders.
- Click Add > Order.
- Enter the general order details: (1)
- External Reference: Enter an external ID-number e.g. from your online shop.
- Order date: Enter the date of receipt
- Customer: Name of the business/person who placed the order.
- Customer type: Choose the customer type (Wholesale or Retail)
- Sales person: Enter a sales person
- Enter the ordered products: (2)
- Product: Choose the product from the drop-down menu (Product bundles included).
- Quantity: Enter the ordered amount and choose the packaging unit.
Note: Click on the weight unit (4) next to the Quantity of a product to prompt a drop-down menu allowing you to choose between your set units. Go back to the Setting units section to learn more about setting the units.
- Style: Choose between whole beans (Whole) and ground beans (Ground).
- SKU: Enter the stock keeping unit. (optional)
- Click the + Add product button to enter more than one product. (3)
- Click + Add order to issue another order straight away. (5)
- When you are done, click Create orders to submit. (6)
- Your orders are now tagged with a Cropster ID-tag starting with OR (e.g. OR-0123) and marked as Received.
- Review your orders in the Orders overview page.
- From the Orders overview page, use the filter bar (1) to jump between Received, Scheduled, In progress, Roasted, Packaged, and Shipped orders, the default is set to Received, so you can focus on the orders you need to convert into production schedules.
- You can convert orders into a schedule by clicking on the calendar icon (2), as long as they are marked as Received.
- You can edit orders by clicking on the pen icon (3), as long as they are marked as Received.
- If you have an order needing to be fulfilled with your On hand inventory, you can set the order as Roasted (4).
Note: To learn about the On hand inventory and how it is used from the Orders overview, visit the following manual: Managing orders (advanced order management)
- Archive (5) orders instead of deleting - this allows you to archive all orders that don’t need to be converted into a production schedule, but you still keep the record. You can Archive orders from the Received, Roasted, Packaged and Shipped filter pages.
- The External reference helps make you aware that there might be a problem with this order in your external system (i.e. Shipsbeans, Shopify, WooCommerce).
Converting orders into a schedule
Hint: If you have several locations set up, we recommend that you assign your roast machine to a location.
If you do not assign your roaster to a location, you may encounter issues when converting an order into a schedule. Please visit the Managing Locations manual to learn how to assign your roaster to a location.
After reviewing and adding your orders, you can convert your orders into a roast schedule.
- Check the box next to the orders to be converted and click the Convert to schedule button at the top of the table. Alternatively, you can also click the calendar icon on the right to convert a single order.
- Your orders will now be summed up per Profile.
Note: If you schedule two orders containing products assigned to a common Profile (i.e. Colombia La Cotorra). Upon converting the orders to a schedule, the common profile(s) (i.e. Colombia la Cotorra*) from the products scheduled, will be summed together, displaying the summation of the ordered weights for the common Profile(s) across the orders scheduled, under the Ordered column (i.e. 2x5lb + 12oz = 10.75lb). Visit the Updating a published schedule section to learn more.
- Choose the date when you want to schedule the roasts (1).
- Based on the On hand inventory (2), Cropster will calculate the total amount needed (3).
- You can modify the schedule simply by changing the information available through the adjustable fields in the conversion page (i.e. Total roasted, Total green, etc.). Cropster will recalculate the adjustable fields (4).
- Click Create schedule to convert the orders into a schedule (5).
The scheduled batches will be published automatically and are available in Roasting Intelligence (RI) after synchronizing.
- The orders are now marked as Scheduled.
- Once the batches have been roasted and are ready to be packed, they will be marked as Roasted.
Updating a published schedule
You are now able to add an order to your existing production schedule, so you can take care of short notice orders that come in without having to delete the complete production schedule. Simply convert another order into the already published schedule.
If any orders, when converted into a schedule contain a single-origin profile already scheduled for the day, we load the existing schedule and add the needed amount on top.
This only works if none of the single-origin batches already scheduled have been roasting/roasted with Roasting Intelligence (RI). If this is the case, we revert back to just adding the new batches, and not updating the scheduled single-origin profile.
Deleting published batches from a schedule
If you have published batches mistakenly, or you simply need to delete some of them, you may use the Select multiple batch selection method, to delete selected batches:
Hint: to delete an entire schedule, we recommend to delete the batches by profile from the Scheduled coffees section by clicking the Thrash bin (delete) icon next to the scheduled profiles.
- From C-sar, go to Roasts > Schedule
- From the schedule in question, click on the Select multiple checkbox (1)
Note: Upon checking the Select multiple checkbox, a checkbox (2) will appear for all available batches within the schedule allowing you to select multiple batches at once.
The checked batches can be moved to another day (Change date button), Copied (Copy button), or deleted (Delete button).
Check the batches you want deleted from the schedule, then click the Thrash bin button (3) displayed from the top of the page.Note (important): A warning message will let you know that if the batches have already been synced with Roasting Intelligence (RI), we recommend to contact the roaster/roast technician on site to ensure the correct schedule has been synced with the application.
- If you are ready to delete the batches, please click the Delete button.
Go to Orders > Orders settings > Scheduling preferences.
Scheduling preferences for Order to roast allow you to set a specific order, based on batch size or specific profiles:
Order by profiles: Shows a list of all active (single origin / pre-roast) profiles that can be sorted.
- Arrange the profiles by dragging and dropping into your preferred order, this order will be then applied every time when entering the conversion screen.
- When you're done, Save changes.
Order by batch size (two options):
- From Small to large or from Large to small.
- When you're done, Save changes.
Congratulations! You have set up the Orders module!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!