This article discusses the process of creating a roast manually using the Cropster Roast Designer.
With the Roast Designer you can create a roast from scratch, copy the roast curve of an already existing roast or import a roast curve from a different system and adapt the curve to meet your needs.
- Adding a roast
Warning: When creating a roast online, the green weight will get deducted from the Green Inventory.
Adding a roast
All roasts made in the Roasting Intelligence (RI) are logged automatically in our web platform C-sar, but you can also add a roast manually.
- Go to the Roasts overview page by clicking Roasts in the menu.
- Click Add > Roast (Curve Designer) in the upper right corner to be brought to the page to add a non-logged roast.
- Enter at least the following information:
- Green lot
- Start weight
- End weight
- There are three options to add a Roasting curve (optionally):
- Click Create roast once you are finished.
Creating a curve from scratch (1)
To create your own roasting curve, click the Create curve (1) button. A default graph appears at the bottom.
Adjusting the curve
There are four data points added to the graph: One marks the start temperature, one the turning point, one in between and one for the end temperature.
- To adjust the curve, simply move the data points with your mouse.
- To adjust the axes, drag the data point (e.g. the one that marks the turning point) outside the graph. When you drop the data point, the axes will adjust automatically.
- To add a new data point, double click at the curve where you want to add the data point.
Once you are done adjusting the curve, click on the Comment button, on the left side of the screen to add and edit comments to your roast curve.
- To add a comment, double-click the point on the curve at which you wish to insert your comment.
- The comments box (similar to the RI) opens. Choose the event you'd like to set a comment for, add notes and adjust the time or temperature if necessary.
- Click Update comment to submit.
- To delete a comment, click at the comment to open the comments box and click Delete comment.
Changing the duration
There are two options to change the roast duration:
- Under the Adjust tab, you can simply move the data point that marks the end of the roast to any point in time.
- Under the Duration tab, a timeline below the graph appears. To change the duration of your roast, move the start or end point to the desired point in time or enter the start and end time in the fields below. Click Update duration to confirm.
Copying a curve (2)
The Curve Designer also allows to copy a curve from an existing roast and adapt it.
- Click the Copy curve button.
- Select the roast you would like to copy from the drop-down menu and click Copy curve.
- The roast and all set comments will be copied. To revise the copied curve, follow the steps described under Creating a curve from scratch.
Uploading a curve (3)
An added feature of the Roast Designer is that you can now import any roasts you've saved on other systems like Artisan or Probat Pilot into Cropster. The importer is compatible with CRC- (Cropster), XML- (Probat Pilot) and JSON- (Artisan) files.
- Click Upload curve.
- Select the file you'd like to upload from your computer and submit.
- The roast with all its comments will be uploaded. The imported curve can not be adjusted. Comments and duration can be edited.
Congratulations! You are now ready to add roasts manually!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!