This article describes how to set up an additional temperature sensor via a Cropster Connector (=Phidget).
Adding the measurement to the RI
First, you need to add the measurement to your machine online.
- Login to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Gear () > Machines.
- Click the pen icon (Edit) next to the roaster you would like to add the measurement for.
- Scroll down to the Measurement section and select the new measurement from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update machine.
- Restart the RI to make the new measurement visible in the RI preferences.
Setting up the new measurement
Once the new measurement is enabled, it needs to be set up within the RI.
- Connect the probe wires to a free channel on your Cropster Connector.
- Open the RI and go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Depending on the type of your probes, choose one the following options from the drop-down:
- Temperature sensor K/J/E/T-type thermocouples (Phidget 1048)
- Resistance temperature detectors (Pt100/Pt1000 RTDs) (Phidget 1046)
- Assign the correct channel and probe type.
- Save your changes.
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.