- Rate of Rise (RoR) setup
Rate of Rise (RoR) setup
To set up the RoR within the Roasting Intelligence (RI), follow the steps below:
- Login to the RI.
- Open Account > Preferences > General tab
- Scroll down to Rate of rise (RoR) settings
- Choose between Recommended, Sensitive, Noise smoothing, then select your preferred Time expression unit.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
We suggest using the recommended (standard) RoR curve setting.
The time expression doesn't affect the RoR calculation, but only shows your preferred measurement unit for temperature increments (default: 60s).
Disable/enable RoR for a measurement
- From RI, go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab
- Toggle the button green to enable the measurement's RoR curve (1).
Note: click the toggle button gray to disable the RoR curve (2).
Click Save to apply the changes.
Which RoR setting should I use?
Read our educational article written with Roast experts to learn which RoR setting is best for your roasting environment. Click here to visit the article!
If the RoR has been turned on, but it still does not display from your chart mid-roast, please follow the instructions below to reset the RoR to its default ranges:
- From Roasting Intelligence (RI), go to Account > Preferences > Chart tab.
- Click the Reset chart axes button.
- Save the settings.
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.