This article describes how to set up an additional readout via a Cropster Connector (=Phidget).
Adding the measurement to a machine
First, you need to add the additional measurement to your machine online.
- Login to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Gear () > Machines.
- Click the pen icon (Edit) next to the roaster you would like to add the measurement for.
- Scroll down to the Measurement section and select the new measurement from the drop-down menu.
Note: You can change the order of your measurements by dragging and dropping the items.
- Click Update machine.
Setting up the new measurement
Once the new measurement is enabled, it needs to be set up within Roasting Intelligence (RI).
- Connect the probe wires to a free channel on your Cropster Connector.
- Start or restart Roasting Intelligence (RI) to sync the new measurement.
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Depending on the type of your probes, choose one the following options from the drop-down:
- Temperature sensor K/J/E/T-type thermocouples (Phidget 1048)
- Resistance temperature detectors (Pt100/Pt1000 RTDs) (Phidget 1046)
- Assign the correct channel and probe type.
- Save your changes.
For further assistance, please create a support ticket by clicking the Support button in the left lower corner of the app. A Cropster support rep will get in touch with you.