This article will explain you the steps of troubleshooting of the most common issues that cause syncing problems with Roasting Intelligence.
- What is a syncing issue?
- Potential causes
What is a syncing issue?
If the connection between the Roasting Intelligence (RI) and the online platform C-sar is disturbed, the information cannot travel between these two platforms. If this happens, you cannot successfully sync the data.
You are facing a syncing issue if you see one of the following error messages within the Roasting Intelligence (RI):
- Error syncing data: After pressing the Synchronize button in RI.
- You can only change to a machine with an active internet connection: When switching machines in RI preferences.dict
A syncing issue can have different causes:
- No active internet connection/slow internet connection
- Online platform (C-sar) is temporarily unavailable
- A local network environment is suppressing the connection
- A corrupted roast file is blocking the outbox
No active internet connection/slow internet connection
Please check your internet connection and make sure the connection is stable. To do so follow the steps below:
- Open your standard browser and try to access any website. If the loading speed is slow, the page does not load at all or does not properly load, the syncing issue is most likely caused by the connection.
- Check if you are connected to the network that you usually use.
- If you are using a laptop, check if the device is in flight mode.
- Restart the router to reset the internet connection.
- Switch from WiFi to cable or vice versa.
- If you can not resolve the connection problems yourself, contact your internet service provider.
If the internet connection is running smoothly, proceed with the next section.
Online platform C-sar is temporarily unavailable
- If you see the maintenance page, wait a few minutes and try again.
- If the loading time is long and eventually there is an error message showing up, try again in a few minutes. If the error persists, please take a screenshot of the error message and report the issue via support.cropster.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you can reach c-sar.cropster.com without issues, proceed with the next section.
A local network environment is suppressing the connection
If your company uses a firewall to restrict access to internet domains, you will need to allow the Cropster domain. Please whitelist *.cropster.com to ensure unrestricted data stream between RI and the online platform.
Alternatively, try to change the network by connecting your PC to the internet via a mobile hotspot. If the sync starts working when connected via the mobile hotspot or via a different network, the issue refers to a problem within your local network. Please reach out to your network administrator or service provider to resolve the issue.
A corrupted roast file is blocking the outbox
If you can rule out the potential causes above, is is likely a corrupted roast file is causing the syncing issue. This file will then be stuck in your local outbox, preventing subsequent roasts from syncing.
📝 Please reach out to Cropster Support via support.cropster.com.
To speed up troubleshooting, please export the RI log files via Help > Export log files and attach them to your message.
We will investigate the issue and send you a step by step instructions on how to resolve it.
Congratulations! You learned the steps of troubleshooting of the most common issues that cause syncing problems with Roasting Intelligence (RI).
Your opinion matters. If you have further questions, feedback or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.