This manual shows you how to set up your lab in Cropster.
The article covers the following topics:
Setting up your lab in Cropster
There are two steps to set up your lab in Cropster:
- Initial setup - the first time you enter the Quality section on C-sar, you will be given the option to set up your lab using a step-by-step walkthrough.
- Customize settings - After the initial walkthrough, you will have the option to edit your evaluators, labs, and analysis sheets by selecting modules, under the Lab settings.
The initial setup
In the initial setup screen you will be guided through the following steps to make sure you are fully prepared to evaluate your samples. You will be given a chance to:
- Add evaluators
- Add labs
- View evaluation sheets and download Cropster Cup
Evaluators, labs, and evaluation sheets can be edited later on.
Note: The initial setup page will not display on active Cropster accounts that have already scored an evaluation.
Customizing the settings
Once you have completed your initial setup, you will only be able to edit your settings in the settings menu, found by clicking Gear > Lab settings in the upper-right corner of the online platform C-sar.
- Navigate to the settings menu by clicking on the Gear > Lab settings
- In the menu at the left hand side you can switch to the following topics:
- Cupping sheets
To keep your descriptor list clear and free from errors, new descriptors must be approved before appearing for auto-complete selection in Cropster Cup. If you have created a descriptor while cupping, you can add it to your lexicon. All you need to do is click Accept, represented by a green check mark.
- Add descriptors: Enter a descriptor in the textfield and click Add. Once a descriptor has been added, it will appear in the list of unreviewed descriptors and needs to be approved.
- Unreviewed descriptors: The table shows all descriptors used during cupping sessions. To streamline the process you can merge, rename, delete or move a descriptor to general comments. If you want a certain descriptor to show up as suggestion during the analysis click the green checkmark accept it.
- Guest Evaluators: Can be added and managed here or directly when setting up a cupping session. You can merge a guest evaluator with an existing user or remove evaluators from the list, so they don't appear in the list of evaluators when creating a new session. The deletion of a guest evaluator does not affect previous sessions.
- Evaluators: All account users that have the permission to enter cupping data show up in this list.
Note: To use Cropster Cup, an evaluator must be an existing user with their own Cropster login. Make sure the Use Cropster Cup-permission is enabled within the user settings. Click here for more information.
If there is more than one, add all of your labs to Cropster. This helps you to filter information for each lab.
Set up different categories for your cupping sessions. This will help you tag and categorize your sessions and analyses.
Managing Cupping sheets
Depending on your account type there are different cupping sheets available. You can view, add and remove cupping sheets here.
Note (for Roast Professional accounts): If the available sheets do not match your needs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to create a custom cupping sheet for you!
Congratulations! You are now ready to start cupping!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!