- Why use the Bean Curve Prediction?
- How does the Bean Curve Prediction work?
Why use the Bean Curve Prediction?
With the Bean Curve Prediction, you can see how your Bean Temperature and Bean RoR will progress in the future. You can make changes and adjust the gas flow to keep your curve on the reference with great accuracy. The result is a more consistent roast and the possibility of developing new Profiles.
How does the Bean Curve Prediction work?
The Bean Curve Prediction begins 60 seconds into your roast and the prediction accuracy improves over time as it collects more data.It updates every second and the further into the roast you go, the more accurate the prediction will become.
- A dotted Bean Curve Prediction curve will be shown for the Bean Temperature (1) and Bean RoR (2) for the upcoming 2 minutes.
- A vertical line - highlighted in purple - (3) will be displayed at the present time.
- A light blue background (4) will show the area for the upcoming 2 minutes.
Activating Smart Predictions
By completing the steps below you can activate the Smart Predictions:
- Log into the Roasting Intelligence (RI).
- Navigate to the Account > Preferences > General tab.
- Scroll down to the Roasting section.
- Click the respective checkbox to show the Bean Temperature and RoR Temperature prediction curves.
- Click on Save to confirm the changes.
📝 The prediction will only produce sensible results for standard roast curves (drop and continuous rise after turning point). Hot air roasters deviate from the standard roast curves, so you may encounter issues for such machines.
Bean Curve Connection Requirements
A running internet connection is needed because we need to update the Bean Curve Prediction every second with new data (i.e. new temperature, new gas setting) to ensure accuracy.
For example, if you change your gas setting to 50% the algorithm needs to react immediately to how the temperature curve will change based on this new setting.
📝 The prediction uses a normal amount of data volume from your internet plan.
We estimate about 1mb per 3 min roasting, which equals about 4mb for 1 Roast (with a roasting duration of 12 minutes). So if you roast 8 hours per day, with 3-4 roasts per hour, it uses about 1 GB of data.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use the Bean Curve Prediction.
Your opinion matters. If you have further questions, feedback, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.