This manual shows you how to setup Gas control on Coffeetool machines manufactured from September 2015 onwards to Cropster's Roasting Intelligence.
If you haven't been invited to participate in the beta program for this integration, but you are interested in participating and testing the feature, please sign up here.
Beta means that the features are being tested with a select group of users to help us identify minor flaws under everyday conditions that we cannot reproduce internally. Therefore, it will be necessary that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behavior.
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Beta
- Coffeetool roast machines built between September 2015 and June 2019.
Setting up the measurement
The following applies, if the roaster has already been successfully connected to the computer.
- Open the Roasting Intelligence app.
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Scroll down to Gas control.
If you cannot find the Gas control measurement within the RI settings, learn how to add the Gas control measurement online.
- Select Coffeetool PLC for the Gas control measurement.
- Click Save.
- The RI needs to be restarted.
Replay assist preferences
When using Cropster's Replay assist feature, by default the gas setting will be reset within 5 seconds after the end of a roast to the selected profile's initial gas setting, so the roaster is heating up to charge temperature. To revise the settings:
- Go to Account > Preferences > General tab.
- Enable replay feature: When this box in unchecked, no Replay button next to the Start button appears.
- Reset profile gas setting: When checked, the gas setting will change to the profiles initial gas setting after X seconds.
- Smart detection: When checked RI will detect the start of the roast once the beans drop the temperature and the end of the roast once the beans are released out of the drum causing the temperature to drop.
Note: Check out Using Replay assist to learn more about using the feature.