This manual will walk you through the process of adding Roast Goals.
Roast Goals overview
The Roast Goals feature allows you to track which roasts are within your consistency goals without using a Roast Comparison report. Cropster will auto-check your roasts for different parameters and provide immediate feedback after your roast, and at the end of your roasting day in the production email, letting you know which roasts passed or failed.
To get to the Roast Goals page:
- Log in to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Roasts > Goals.
The columns displayed in your Goals overview page can be edited via the Customize drop-down menu. We recommend that you leave them enabled at all times, but you may find a different combination that you prefer.
Within the Goals overview page you can do the following:
- Create a new roast goal by clicking the +Add goal (1) button.
- Edit your columns by clicking on the Customize (2) drop-down menu, then mark the checkboxes for the columns you want to display from the table.
- Edit a goal by clicking on the Pen (3) button.
- Delete a goal by clicking on the Trashcan (4) button.
View the Roast Ranger report that shows you what roasts have been passed, by clicking on the See report (5) button.
Creating a Goal
- To create a goal, click on +Add goal.
- You can set up universal goals that apply to all profiles or goals for certain profiles only, by selecting one the following options:
- All profiles/roasts
- Selected profiles
Furthermore, you can set up relative (Meet the reference) and absolute goals.
Relative goals are dynamic and allow you to set goals based on your reference curve or profile.
Note: Relative goals automatically adapt according to the reference curve set.
Meet the reference
When you want to create a new Meet the reference goal, follow the steps outlined below:
- From the Select goal drop-down menu, choose the option Meet the reference.
- Mark the categories that you wish to track, then enter the preferred acceptable range for your goal in the Allowed range field.
- Using the Lower range and Upper range fields, the range can be skewed in either direction.
- Click the Create goal button.
Note: Absolute goals are static goals you can set for profiles, and the defined ranges will not change with your reference curve.
To add an absolute goal, please follow the steps below:
- From the Select goal drop-down menu, choose the category that you wish to track.
- Using the Lower range and Upper range fields, specify the boundaries for the goal's acceptable range.
- Click the Create goal button.
The Roast Goals report
Using the Roast Goal report, you will have an at-a-glance comparison of your roasts based on the roast goals you have set.
Hint: Visit the following manual to learn more: Using the Roast Goal report
You are now ready to use Cropster Roast Goals!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send them to your account manager, or directly to email@example.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to hearing what you have to say!