This manual explains how to manually create stock for product variants be creating packaging plans and packaging execution.
Creating Stock using Packaging plans is available for the following products:
- Commerce and higher tiers
Via the Order fulfillment process, Packing plans will be automatically generated.
Creating a Packaging Plan
To create stock independently from the amounts ordered:
- Navigate to the Packaging Plan page, and click Add Packaging Plan.
- Enter the Date the plan should be executed.
- Select the Product you want to package. The Available weight (=amount roasted within the last 30 days and not packed) will appear next to it.
- The list of Product variants will appear, along with the PAR level and Available stock.
- Next to each product variant, indicate how much new stock you will package. The total weight to be packaged is indicated below.
- You can select individual roasts (PRs) you would like to package. By default, the FIFO (first in, first out) method is selected.
- Press Save the packaging plan when you are done.
The Packaging plan will be added to the Packaging plans overview page tagged with a unique ID with the prefix PPL- with the status Planned.
Executing Packaging Plans
Packaging execution serves two purposes:
- The set of instructions informing staff on how much of each product variant they should prepare. How much coffee do they need to blend, grind, and package?
- Creating records for the stock packaged and added to available inventory.
- Go to Roasted Inventory > Packaging Plan to access the Packaging Plan overview page
- If you want to execute specific Packaging plans only, select the Packaging plans you would like to execute by checking the boxes next to the respective plans and press the Execute plan(s) button.
- If you want to execute all Packaging plans for a specific time range, click Execute plan next to any Packaging plan.
- On the next page select the Date range for the plans you will be packaging. The relevant plans will be loaded.
- Scroll down to the Packaging instructions.
📝 (Optional) You can also print the page, to manually check off what coffees, you have prepared already.
- When complete, indicate how many packages were created by entering the value into Added to available or click Add all remaining to quickly indicate all have been completed.
- Press Submit.
Go back to the Packaging Plans overview page. Your packaging plans will now be marked as Completed.
Congratulations! You have learned how to create stock with the help of Packaging plans.
Your opinion matters. If you have further questions, feedback, or concerns, please feel free to reach out by submitting a support ticket directly from support.cropster.com.