This manual walks you through the setup of Cropster's AmbientSensor.
- AmbientSensor setup
- Tracking environmental conditions of roasted batches
- Good to know
First, check you have all of the following:
Let's get started! First, you need to install the hardware and register your sensor within the Cropster online platform.
Check out this video or follow the instructions below step by step.
- Plug your gateway into a power source using the provided power cable.
- Connect your gateway to the internet using either of the below options:
- Plug in the ethernet cable (preferred)
- Connect via WiFi
- Log in to the Cropster online platform and go to the Locations setup page to register your sensor with your Cropster account.
- Follow the instructions presented in your Cropster account to set up your sensor.
- Once you have completed the setup in Cropster and you see your sensor(s) on the Locations detail page, take your sensor(s) to the locations you've specified. Place them in a safe spot where they will not be accidentally moved or obstructed.
- Track realtime environment data about your locations and guarantee your coffee the care it deserves.
Connecting AmbientGateway using WiFi
- Plug your gateway into a power source.
- Open the WiFi network settings of your smartphone, tablet or Computer in close approximation to the gateway.
- Select the WiFi Connect device access point.
- After connecting to the access point, it will open a web page. Opening any web page will redirect to the same website. In some cases it is possible that your WiFi SSID shows up more than once, just select any and continue.
- Enter local WiFi network credentials for the selected network.
- The gateway will connect to the WiFi network. When the network credentials have been entered, the gateway will disable the access point and try to connect. If the connection fails, it will reenable the access point for another attempt. If it succeeds, the configuration will be saved and you don't have to enter it again.
Tracking environmental conditions of roasted batches
Besides being able to collect real time environmental data in your green coffee inventory, you can also keep track of the starting conditions of each roast batch. All you need to do is to have the Gateway registered to the location that the roast machine is in.
At the moment we pick the first sensor—topmost in the table displayed in a Location—as the one that to collect the environmental data for the roast machines. Generally, if you do not delete it, it's the first one you register.
You need to make sure that your roast machine is set to the same location. To do so do the following:
- Go to c-sar.cropster.com and log in.
- Go to Settings () > Machine.
- Click the Edit button for the corresponding machine.
- Select the location where you have registered the sensors from the Location drop-down.
- Click Update machine.
Good to know
- Your sensors and gateway talk regularly. Make sure they are within 30m (100 ft) of each other to ensure a good connection
- Your sensor can notify you when things change! Simply set a range for a location in the online system. That range then applies to all sensors in the location. Then set an alert. That way if something changes you will know. You will receive updates with the Daily Roast email digest.
- Based on ISO standards, we recommend to check if storage temperature is between 6.5ºC (43.7F) and 22ºC (71.6F) and humidity between 41% and 58%.
- Please keep your sensors between -20ºC (-4F) and 65ºC (149F).