This manual walks you through the setup of AmbientSensor environmental alert notifications.
You can get notifications when the temperature and humidity are higher or lower than your targeted range. E.g. if the temperature in your green coffee storage rises for 30 minutes above 22°C, which is the maximum recommended value according to ISO, an alert will be logged for this location.
If you setup email notifications, then you will receive a notification within 1 hour when the alert gets first triggered as well as when it gets resolved—reenters the predefined range. You will also receive alerts whenever one of your gateways or sensors is offline. E.g. when the power or internet to the gateway is cut off, or when a sensor is too far away from the gateway. Whatever it is, we will let you know and so you can address the issue immediately.
Email notifications are optional and you can decide who from your team should receive them for a specific location.
- Log in to c-sar.cropster.com.
- Go to More > Locations.
- Click on the name of the location where you have the AmbientSensor installed (there should be a green dot in the Gateway column)
- Click Edit targets and notifications.
- Check the checkbox next to the environmental measurement that you want to get notified for (Temperature and/or Humidity)
- (Optionally) Select users from your account that should get notified from the Recipients multi option list.
- (Optionally) Change the minimum and maximum value to your liking.
Per default, we use the ISO recommendations.
- Hit the Save changes button.
Notifications are set across all sensors. You can also use the slider in the Notifications column of each sensor to turn notifications on or off.
In the popup, use the checkbox next to Temperature and Humidity to select which environmental factor you want to get alerted for.