This manual describes how to connect your Shopify account to your Cropster account.
- Commerce and higher tiers
You can now integrate your Shopify account with Cropster to organize and run your production more easily. Once you’ve connected the two systems, Cropster automatically calculates how much you need to roast to fulfill all your orders.
- Creating the API credentials (within Shopify)
- Connecting Shopify with Cropster (within Cropster)
Creating the API credentials (within Shopify)
Before you can create your API credentials, the store owner needs to enable custom app development first.
Enabling custom app development
Only the store owner can enable custom app development.
- Login to your Shopify account.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
- Click Develop apps.
- Click Allow custom app development.
- A warning pops up, click Allow custom app development to apply.
Setting up a custom app
The store owner, and collaborators and staff members with the relevant permissions, can create and install custom apps.
After you've enabled custom app development, you can create and install a custom app and define your API permissions. After the app is installed, you'll receive API credentials - API key and Admin API access token (=password) - that Cropster uses to access information from your store using Shopify's APIs.
From your Shopify admin, go to Apps via the sidebar on the left hand side.
- Click Develop apps.
- Click Create a custom app top right.
Enter the App name (e.g. Cropster integration) and select an App developer.
The app developer can be the store owner, or any staff or collaborator account with the Develop apps permission.
Click Create app.
- To assign the permission, click Configure Admin API scopes.
- Scroll down to Orders and check the box next to read_orders.
- Scroll down to Products and check the box next to read_products.
- Scroll back up and click Save to apply your changes.
- Switch to the Overview tab and click Install app.
- A warning pops up, confirm by clicking Install app.
- You have now created your API credentials (API key and Admin API access token).
Note: You can see the Admin API access token on this page only one time.
Connecting Shopify with Cropster (within Cropster)
Now it is time to switch to Cropster and connect your accounts.
- Log in to the online platform C-sar.
- Go to Orders in the menu. If you are using the Orders module for the first time, you will be asked if you want to connect your Shopify or WooCommerce account account.
- Click Connect account under the Shopify logo.
- Alternatively, go to Orders > Order settings and click Connect with Shopify in the left menu bar.
- Enter your Shopify API credentials:
- Account name: The name shows up next to the integration. (e.g. Retail shop, B2C,...)
- Shop URL: Enter without https://
Note: For the Shop URL, use "myshopify" URL for your webstore (i.e. awesome-coffee-store.myshopify.com). Don't input a custom domain.
- API Key: Go back to Shopify and copy and paste the API Key into this field.
- Password: Under Admin API access token, click Reveal token once and copy and paste the token in the password field.
Note: Store API key and Admin API access token in your password manager.
- Select the date from which to synchronize open orders from, this date cannot go beyond 30 days.
- (optional) Uncheck the box next to Activate auto-archive to disable auto-archiving for orders from Shopify with a Cancelled or Closed status.
- Click on Done, next.
The integration is set up and and syncs all available products to Cropster. You will be forwarded to the Product mapping page.
Proceed with Mapping Products from Shopify and Woocommerce/GetBeans.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected your Shopify account with Cropster!
Thanks for being a Cropster customer! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please feel free to send it to your representative or directly to support.cropster.com.
We design and make alterations to our software based on user feedback, so we look forward to seeing what you have to say!