The following article shows you how to set up Gas control for your San Franciscan roaster within the Roasting Intelligence.
If you are not yet a beta tester for this integration but you are interested in testing it, please sign up here.
Beta means that you may come across some minor flaws under everyday conditions that we could not identify with our internal product tests conducted. Therefore it will be necessary, that you share feedback with us and let us know whenever you come across some unexpected behaviour.
- Roasting Intelligence (RI) Beta
- San Franciscan roast machines with a Cropster switch:
Setting up the measurement
The following applies, if the roaster has already been successfully connected to the computer.
- Open the Roasting Intelligence app.
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Scroll down to Gas control.
If you cannot find the Gas control measurement within the RI settings, learn how to add the Gas control measurement online.
- Select San Franciscan PID (Watlow EZ-ZONE) for the Gas control measurement.
- Click Save.
- The RI needs to be restarted.
Replay assist preferences
When using Cropster's Replay assist feature, by default the gas setting will be reset within 5 seconds after the end of a roast to the selected profile's initial gas setting, so the roaster is heating up to charge temperature. To revise the settings:
- Go to Account > Preferences > General tab.
- Enable replay feature: When this box in unchecked, no Replay button next to the Start button appears.
- Reset profile gas setting: When checked, the gas setting will change to the profiles initial gas setting after X seconds.
Note: Check out Using Replay assist to learn more about using the feature.