The following article shows you how to set up Airflow control for your Giesen roaster within the Roasting Intelligence.
On Giesen machine's the airflow is controlled by the drum pressure. Drum pressure control and Airflow control are used interchangeable in the following.
- Roasting Intelligence 4.8 or higher
- Giesen machines with a PLC (built after 2014)
RI4 is not available on Giesen's built-in Siemens panels. These panels are not powerful enough to support RI4's advanced features. If you have one, you will need an external computer to access these new features.
Setting up the measurement
The following applies, if the roaster has already been successful connected to the according computer.
If your roast machine is not yet connected to Cropster, follow the Giesen machine setup manual first:
- Open the Roasting Intelligence app.
- Go to Account > Preferences > Machine tab.
- Scroll down to Drum pressure control measurement.
If you cannot find the Drum pressure control measurement within the RI settings, learn how to add the Drum pressure control measurement online.
- Select Giesen PLC for the Drum pressure control measurement.
- Click Save.
- The RI needs to be restarted.
Replay assist preferences
The Replay assist feature is based on the Gas control measurement. Use the Replay feature only in combination with the Giesen gas control feature.
When using Cropster's Replay assist feature, by default the gas setting will be reset within 5 seconds after the end of a roast to the selected profile's initial gas setting, so the roaster is heating up to charge temperature. To revise the settings:
- Go to Account > Preferences > General tab.
- Enable replay feature: When this box in unchecked, no Replay assist is turned off.(no Replay button next to the Start button appears)
- Reset profile gas setting: When checked, the gas and airflow setting will change to the profile's initial gas setting after X seconds.