Origin Permissions determine which users can register batches at a wet or dry mill
Note: During Origin Onboarding several default values will be automatically entered into the Origin Permissions page.
Note: When using Origin Permissions you must first create at least one member with the type Wet Mill or Dry Mill under Supply Network.
Permissions link users to the places where coffee is processed, either Wet mills or Dry mills.
- The user responsible for entering the information about coffee at a particular mill is called the Mill manager. This role should be assigned when creating the user.
- The user responsible for entering the information about coffee at all mills is called the General manager, and does not need any special permissions.
At least one permission is needed before coffee can be registered.
- Go to Gear > Origin settings > Permissions.
- Click on + Add permission.
- Select a Mill (= Supply network member with the type: Wet mill or Dry mill).
- Enter a Prefix (must be 2-3 characters, Uppercase Characters only).
- The prefix will uniquely identify coffee registered by this Mill manager
- Prefixes cannot be reused in order to prevent confusion with other user’s records
- Select a Manager from the Users list.
- Click on Save to submit.
- Go to Gear () > Origin settings > Permissions.
- Click the Trash () icon.
- Click on Delete if you are sure you want to delete the permission.
Permissions are not recoverable and the prefix used with a deleted permission cannot be reused!